Friday, November 18, 2011

Can I brew coffee on my electric stove using the corning blue cornflower coffee pot. Or only on gas stove?

They make a wire that you an put on the burner of an electric stove so that the pot won't be touching the burner directly. They make defusers with a handle that you can use as well. They look like a round flat steamer...you can get them in Bed, Bath and Beyond or linens and things.

Can I brew coffee on my electric stove using the corning blue cornflower coffee pot. Or only on gas stove?
Corningware is similar to Pyrex and should be safe on an electric stove. My experience, however is that the integrity of the pot loses it's durability over time. Electric stoves are hotter and more direct heat than gas, so I guess what I'm saying here, is I wouldn't trust it....
Reply:Yes, but you need a metal ring to sit atop the electric burner. One is usually supplied with the pot.

beaded necklace

No comments:

Post a Comment